Thursday, December 31, 2009

Back Home



Okay, I've neglected to blog.  I have lots of reasons, all of them good.  I've missed it I have to admit.  I've been traveling, also.  I went to the East Coast and the West Coast and the Midwest.  Now, I am back home.  And, like all of us, I am glad to be home.  There is just something about this landscape that is pretty darn hard to beat.  Yes, I saw some lovely oceanscapes.  I have been with some of the best people in the world, my family and their friends.  We have shared lovely holiday meals and events.  I have walked cities and small towns.

Can't help it that I love the Appalachian hills...so good to be back nestled into the hills.  Winter is it's own season and very dramatic here.  And, I have rediscovered something.  People here are very simple.  What you see is what you get.  Of course, not everyone is transparent.  But, for the most part, there is an openness here that I was taking for granted.  Had to go away for awhile to see it again.

And to hear it...music is a voice of these people.  


No comments:

Post a Comment