Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still the same ole Bag

Hey, I am back at the blog.

My last post had so much good information about Rocking The Cradle genius I wanted to leave it up for awhile.  Much has been happening on the projects that I started at the first of the year.  I have information that I will be sharing on blogs to come.  This blog however is dedicated to SHOPPING BAGS.


Let me ask you, "Have you made the switch?"



Do you not only own, but USE your canvas shopping bags?  Or are you like me, remember them when you are in the check out line?  Why is it important anyway?  It's just a little bit of plastic and I will recycle it.  These are the ideas that pop into my head.  Then I found this great video that gave me a song to replace that tape loop.  Thought I would share it with you.

       Some recycling facts:
  • In recent years, the number of U.S. plastics recycling business has nearly tripled. More than 1,600 businesses are involved in recycling post-consumer plastics.
  • Plastics in the U.S. are made primarily (70 percent) from domestic natural gas.
  • Plastic bags and product wraps (known collectively as “plastic film”) are commonly recycled at the many collection programs offered through major grocery stores.
  • Recycling 1 ton of plastic saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space.
  • Only 27 % of plastic is recycled each year.
  • Small plastic bags made up about 9 percent of the debris found along various U.S. coasts in a five-year study.
  • Plastic bags photodegrade, meaning they slowly break down into smaller and smaller bits that can contaminate soils and waterways.
There you have it.  Get on to the switch.  Hum a little song as you pick up those canvas bags before you head out the door, "Take your canvas bags, la de de dah"

You're so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment